Monday, February 9, 2009

Sprint car ace to offspring, “go be a lawyer.”

Joey Saldana’s profession may not be the route he envisions for the future generations of Saldanas. After Saturday’s World of Outlaws feature at Volusia, Saldana expressed his hope that the word ‘litigious’ plays a role in his son’s future.

“This is a very tough sport. I don’t think people realize how tough it is. Sometimes I wonder why I even do it, but when you get an opportunity like that, when you have a son and see what he might be going through, or the challenges he’s going to face in racing, sometimes it’s better to just go to school and try to be good at something, be a doctor, be a lawyer. $10,000 would definitely go a long way toward putting my son through school.”

I offer a motion to amend.

WoO: Joey Saldana, Randy Hall Race Into Alltel All-Star Contest

No comments: